Skip to content

General

We are in the process of migrating to a new platform and no longer keep this feedback forum updated. If you would like to submit a request please do so through this page: https://www.staffsquared.com/contact/

39 results found

1. Add notification number on the dashboard logo

Adding a small red bubble on the dashboard showcasing numbers of notifications to showcase some updates that were made. The user can then either click to have a look at the details of the changes or ignore it.

There should also be more flexibility at any level of the staff to switch on or off some notifications. Some people are annoyed by the constant email sending.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Add a field to store employee ID

Most companies already have an employee number but currently there isn't anywhere in Staff Squared to store this.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Enable approval of holiday requests by hitting reply and emailing back 'Approved' or 'Rejected'

Currently you have to log in to authorise holiday requests. It would be really handy if you could just type "approved" or "rejected" and hit reply so you don't have to log in to Staff Squared.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Provide support for the logging of overtime.

We currently use spreadsheets to log overtime. As Staff Squared already logs salary information it would be really useful if staff could somehow log overtime, that is then approved at the end of each month and a payroll report produced.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Confidential file storage area

The facility to store files that are confidential by staff member - eg CV's, references, CRB checks, etc etc such that they cannot be viewed by anyone except the administrators. This would make Staff squared a more complete one-stop HR resource as in the present software release these files have to be stored elsewhere or there is open access to them, unless I have missed something.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make a graphical representation of the holidays earned and used for both employees and admin. Also add a Manual Adjustment option.

Other HR sites have this, it makes it easier to look at the reports in just one glance. I'd love to see a Manual Adjustments feature at the bottom of the holiday page too in order to track additional holidays/adjustments earned by the employees throughout the leave year (e.g holiday gifts, birthday leave).

I know you can do this by manually changing the number of holidays, but at the end of the leave year, it would be easier to review adjustments if there's a way to track them. Would also be easier for employees to see why their holidays are…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Put together an "American" version

You have a great thing here. I'm from Canada so I get the UK lingo. But, I manage people in the USA. They take "vacations" not "holidays" and they have Social Security Numbers, not National Security Numbers. There are probably other things too (I've only been looking at Staff Squared for 15 minutes or so). I might also suggest that you charge for this version in dollars. It's a big market, you have a great product. Feed the American ego a bit and you'll see huge sales.

Cheers! doug

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. Google Drive or Drop Box Support

We use both of these to hold important files which we share, ideally if possible at a later date if integration with either of these could be considered?

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Timer for Late arrivals

Again if this is also possible please forgive my ignorance, if there is anyway of adding the ability to log time of when employees turn up, leave and have breaks during a work day. This would be a big help.

It could be manual input.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Sync with Google Calendar

This maybe possible, so please ignore my ignorance, but as well all use Google calendar in the office this would be very helpful to sync holidays automatically once confirmed.

Also the addition of Bank Holidays would be beneficial or at least a additional option to apply bank holidays.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Automatic Holiday Report

Can the holiday report automatically calculate holiday days remaining. I think it would be useful it it had more information, e.g.

Holiday Allowance
    Accrued Holidays
    Holidays Used
    Holidays Booked (booked not used)
    Holiday's Remaining.

This is useful as I need to check that staff are making use of their holiday allowance over the year as I think it is good for well being.

Regards,

Kazim

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Self Certification link

Manager has the ability to click the "Self Certification" link of other members of staff - but this takes the Manager to a blank page.

Link should be hidden or changed to non-click-able "Self Certification not yet completed" text for the Manager's view.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Include UK Bank Holidays in calendar as default.

Can you add UK bank holidays centrally to the system based on this link: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/employment/employees/timeoffandholidays/dg_073741
    This will save users a lot of time, assuming most of your users are UK based.(I of course don't know where your users are based) Maybe set this as default and then users can adjust as needed.

Is this possible? If it can't be done centrally, will add manually.

Regards, Kazim

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Bank Holidays

I can't see how to add bank holidays into the calendar. can you add bank holidays into the calendar. It will make it much easier for us to enter holidays.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  16. "Bugs" Forums as well as "General"

Is there anywhere to report found bugs or points-to-note, apart from the "General" forum?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. More personal emails

Currently, the automated emails being send from S2 are in the format "Hi [email address]".

Having the format "Hi, [First Name]" would feel less robotic.

Also, an option somewhere to define a custom signature or greeting would be handy.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Nicknames

implement a nickname field, so we can have the name they use in the office, e.g. andy and then we can have their real name in the first name last name.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Change "Company", "Company settings" and "Company Profile"

When selecting the Cog then "Company Settings", the "Company" menu item on the left is highlighted and the "Company Settings" page is shown.

This could be confusing as selecting the "Company" menu item yourself takes you to the "Company Profile" page.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base